Susan runs the established Recipe Analysis: Maximising Accuracy course on behalf of Nutrition and Wellbeing Ltd.
Calculating the nutrient content of recipes is an essential skill for dietitians and nutritionists. This course offers practical and educational sessions designed to update and enhance the knowledge and skills of dietitians and nutritionists in recipe analysis. In particular, it is designed to provide a learning opportunity for professionals to understand how they can identify and minimise known errors in nutritional analysis.
This enjoyable and informative one-day course is usually held twice a year, in April and September, using the excellent facilities at King’s College London. The cost per delegate is £195. The course, which has been endorsed for CPD by the Association for Nutrition and the British Dietetic Association, includes:
- An overview of food labelling legislation, including the legally accepted methods for providing information for nutritional labelling;
- A discussion of the uses and limitations of food composition data;
- A food preparation exercise, looking at changes that occur during preparation and cooking and how they affect recipe analysis;
- A step-by-step guide to recipe analysis;
- A practical nutrient calculation exercise, using nutritional analysis software;
- A comparison of chemical analysis and recipe analysis.
Next courses: Friday 26th April 2019 and Monday 29th April 2019 in London.
Bespoke training for businesses and groups of professional nutritionists and dietitians can also be arranged. Please Contact Susan for further information.